Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Wild Wikis!

I have been a fan of Wikis for a while now. I use the Wikipedia to get a general overview of a subject, keeping in mind that you always must take what you see on this site with a grain of salt.

I found this exercise to be interesting because of the variety of sites that I visited. I normally don't look at library sites so heavily, but this was a great introduction. I can see projects that are currently being worked on benefiting from using wiki. Also, if you are in a group it can be a nice place to stop for information before you have a meeting to attend. If you define a wiki as a electronic communication tool that assists users with updating information that all can see and react to, that is what you get. A wiki is only as good as you make it.

No comments: